Friday, September 2, 2016

First Week of Teaching

Greetings family and friends!

I hope the start to your September is going well! Fall is coming and that means cooler temperatures...hallelujah! It's been pretty warm here but we did get a touch of cooler weather at the beginning of the week when a Typhoon skimmed us. It was heading north from Taiwan. That weather was really nice. 

Anyways...I made it through the first week of teaching. I am exhausted. I go to work between 10-10:30 am and I teach in the afternoon except on Mondays when I have a couple morning classes. I usually leave around 8:30 pm at night. Last night was a pretty late night, but overall it was a good first week. I teach Kindergarten in the morning on Mondays, 2nd grade Language Arts and Social Studies, 4th grade reading, writing, grammar, debate, and a project based learning class, 5th grade Literature, Journalism, and debate. Haha it's hard to keep all these classes straight. I do enjoy the students though. They are funny and so sweet and they are so smart!! I especially love hearing 'Jena Teacher' from the little Kindergartners. I look forward to teaching all my students and watching them improve. I still need to learn all their names...in time I'll learn them. However, Friday was very rough day. I was tired and grumpy...but we all made it through. I thank God for that. I wouldn't be able to do all this without Him. "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." ~Phil. 4:13. Thank you everyone for all your love, prayers, and support. I truly appreciate it. 

I've also gotten really close with one of my co-workers, Christie. She is like my Korea mama or older sister. lol She has taken me under her wing and I am so thankful and blessed to have her. On Monday after my first day of teaching, she and I met up with one of her close friends and the three of us went out to dinner and had a wonderful time. We also went to this bagel shop...it was soooooo good. I got a plain bagel with cookies and cream whipped cream cheese. YUMMY! It was nice to let down and just enjoy each other's company. 

Here are a few pictures of the city and there's a picture of me eating Bibimbap; a famous Korean dish. It's made of rice, various vegetables, meat, and a spicy sauce. It is very good! Also, a couple of the pictures (the sunset pictures) were taken when I was on the bus driving from the airport to Cheonan. 







Thank you everyone for your prayers. Miss you and love you all!

God Bless,

Jena 

2 comments:

  1. You're so sweet. I'm so glad you're here.I'm enjoying getting to know you! Looking forward to taking you out to try more yummy Korean food!! Btw, the bagels were copying OUR good, but I think their cream cheese is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *That should say "our food" (as in American food).

    ReplyDelete