Hello everyone,
I hope all is well as it is nearly November...I can't believe it! I have been here for over two months. Life has been so chaotic so I'm sorry that I haven't posted anything for a few weeks. I don't have a lot of time this morning so let me catch you up on everything that's been happening the past few weeks.
First, I was able to go shopping in Seoul with a friend I've made here. We went to Myeongdong; one of the best places for shopping here. While we were there, we stumbled across the cutest little coffee shop. So we stopped there...for about two hours and chatted and sipped on vanilla lattes and caramel macchiatos. That was fun! Um let's see, oh I've met up with the Pastor's wife a couple times. Like I said in my last post, God is so good! That has been really encouraging. Then a couple weeks ago, I got to see Elizabeth, a friend I made in Chicago last year. Her and I were in the same TEFL certification class. We met up in Seoul and went to lunch and shopped till we nearly dropped...haha. It was wonderful to see her. She is like the older sister I never had. She is a wonderful God-loving woman. Also, Christie (she's in one of my pictures), her Fiance, and I made pumpkin bread!! She has been so sweet to me. I was missing home and my mama's pumpkin bread, so she was willing to buy the ingredients to make it. That was a fun night!! Her Fiance is so great and very funny too. He's Korean but his English is pretty good. Haha I call them mom and dad because they have taken really good care of me since I've been in Korea. The pumpkin bread was really good too. Instead of sugar though, we added honey. That was pretty tasty! It was a healthier substitution (and I mean as healthy as chocolate chip pumpkin bread can get) than all that sugar we needed.
I also got to go see my babies at the orphanage again. I love going there!! The babies warmed up to me a lot quicker than the first time I visited. Haha they wanted me to constantly hold them. I also got a couple of them laughing pretty hard...oh babies, they are God's perfect miracles. In a couple weeks I am going with the outreach team to Gangman, Seoul for Justice Weekend. We will be going to the Orphan Care & Foster Care Conference. I'm looking forward to that.
The past week, I have been battling a nasty cold. I lost my voice completely last Saturday (thank goodness it was Saturday). I am feeling better now, but I just have a horrible cough that has been keeping me awake at night...I hope this cold goes away soon. It's rather annoying.
Enough with the negativity. God has been so awesome!! I really don't know how else to say it. I have been learning God's desires for me as well as the kind of woman He is creating me to be. He has been opening my eyes and heart to many things and I am so excited to see where He is leading me. :)
Thank you all for your love, encouragement, and prayers. I miss and love you all!
God bless,
Jena
I got Sun to read this. He was fine and then he started shaking his head. He said no and delete. Hahaha!!
ReplyDelete(Fyi for other readers, we're not old enough to be Jena's parents and Sun doesn't want to be "old." haha)