Friday, December 2, 2016

Happy Holidays!

Hello friends and family! 

Happy Holidays! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am so thankful for all of you. You have supported, encouraged, and prayed for me through this journey and I am eternally grateful! I can't believe it's already December. Yikes!! 

          As it is holiday season, I am really missing home right now. It's hard to be away from everyone during a time when you should be with family. However, the memories I am making will be remembered for a lifetime. God is continuing to work in my heart, teach me many lessons, and is showing me more of who He is and how great His love is. :) 

Let me get you caught up!

         A lot has happened since my last post. On November 12th, I went to Seoul with the Orphanage Outreach group to an Orphan and Foster Care conference. It was a really challenging day for me. Hearing the awful statistics of orphans living in South Korea and the laws set in place was very discouraging. I learned so much from the conference and my heart breaks for the thousands of children lost and simply forgotten...Please pray that the adoption laws are changed so that the adoption rate will increase and children will be kept out of institutions...thank you. Here are some of the statistics: 

1."AT JUSARANG Community Church, in southern Seoul, a pastor maintains a “baby box” where mothers can leave unwanted infants... Its intake is sadly rising. Since revisions were made to South Korea’s adoption law in 2012, the number it receives each month has risen from two to 20." ~The Economist
        So 2 babies a month to 20...Some are just hours old still with the umbilical cord attached. This "baby box" has saved many babies from being thrown in trashcans on the street...unfortunately some babies were not so lucky...

2."1,054 babies have come through the 'baby box'" 

3. There are about 16,000 homeless children...4,503 children became homeless in 2015. 

4. Before the new law was passed in 2012, 1,408 children were adopted.

5. After law was passed, adoption of babies dropped 50%...only 669 children were adopted domestically... 

Please keep the lost, forgotten, and unknown in your prayers. 

        I have gone to the orphanage every other Sunday and have got to see my babies. Gosh, I love those little ones! If I could adopt (I can't thanks to the adoption laws) I would. I seriously would...they need love; love of a family. 

        This past weekend I went to Asan to have Thanksgiving dinner with some people from church. That was fun and delicious! Then Tuesday night, a couple of my coworkers and I had Thanksgiving. That was good too! It's not the same, but at least I'm with people I care about and who care about me. 

         Sorry it's taken me so long to update my blog. Things have been crazy...I feel like I can't take a deep breath...I will ask for prayer personally. I need healing as well as guidance. My health is not doing very well. The last time I felt great, energized, nearly 100% was honestly before I left for Korea. 

Thank you friends and family. I pray that this time of year will be blessed. May we remember the true reason why we celebrate. 

God bless,

Jena 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jena, this is CC. So get to read your blog today. Praying for you esp. your health. Love you.

    ReplyDelete