Monday, February 6, 2017

I'm Coming Home

Hello friends and family! I'm sorry I haven't updated my blog in awhile. I hope everyone is doing well! Missing you all!

I want to start off by telling you all what's been happening with my health. Being in Korea the past 6 months, my skin has responded horribly to the air here. The pollution is really hurting it. My skin is in constant pain, even swollen at times, and just angry...In addition to the pollution, my stomach and intestines are having a very difficult time digesting the food. There is not a lot I can eat that won't hurt me. This has led to very many breakdowns and just feeling miserable. Through much prayer and talking to my boss back at the end of December, I am coming home early. I need to take care of me and being here has really made me sick. I tried to stick it out to see if my body would settle, but the longer I stay here, the sicker I feel.

Nevertheless, God used the past 6 months as a season of refinement. He has done a lot of work in my heart and it's been so hard. However, I am thankful for all that He has been doing and I've been trusting Him more especially being that my health is out of my control. He has opened up doors and presented opportunities that I praise Him for and will never forget. Also, the friendships I have made and the students I taught will forever be with me.

I will be flying home Tuesday, February 21st and will take some time to rest and heal. If you could please pray for healing and peace, I would be so grateful. Thank you friends and family. I love you all and am so thankful for your constant love, support, and prayers.

I'll be seeing you soon. I'm so excited to see everyone....and seeing open fields, tractors, cows, corn, listening to country music, breathing in clean air, etc. Haha born a country girl, always a country girl!

God bless,

Jena 💕

2 comments:

  1. Jena, we are so sorry to hear about your health issues. Your body know where it belongs and its here with all of your friends and family. My mom always said to listen to your body and you are doing just that, your health comes first. We cannot wait to see and hear about all of your adventures in Korea!

    DeSelms Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will miss you so much, but know you'll be very healthy and happy once you're home. Take care of yourself and please let us know about your next blog and your future travels (or staycations).
    Lots of love, "Mom and Dad"

    ReplyDelete