Hope everyone is doing well! :)
I wanted to share with everyone my trip to Seoul yesterday. I went with a couple coworkers and it was a blast! We had a wonderful time! We rode a train to Yongsan station and then rode a Subway to Gyeongbokgung Palace. This palace was built in 1395 and was home to the Kings of the Joseon Dynasty. It was incredible! We walked around the palace grounds and went to the palace museum! Then we went to Itaewon to grab lunch. Itaewon is the international hub of Korea. I saw people from all over the world there and it has restaurants that I am familiar with. We then went to the Korean War Memorial. This place was so neat and it really made me stop and think about those who fight for peoples' freedom and safety. My grandfather, Harry Hughes fought in the Korean War (1950-1953). He was a pilot and flew planes during the war. Seeing this place really put in perspective the sacrifice one must give during war. Thank you grandad for your service.
Yesterday was full of history and I LOVED it!
Here are some pictures I took yesterday, both of Gyeoungbokgung Palace and the Korean War Memorial. I hope you enjoy them. :)
This is for you Grandad. Again, thank you for your service. I love you!
For Hailey and Jamie, I met Kwan! He's rather older than I am though! ;)
Thank you everyone!
God bless,
Jena
Hi Jenna so good to be a part of your journey. Much love and care and prayer CC
ReplyDelete